Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gingerloft Guest Designer-Use Those Flowers

Hey everyone! I am so excited today as I am a guest designer for the "Use Those Flowers" at the Gingerloft Challenge. This is the second time I got to be a Guest Designer and play with Tami's fabulous digis. I chose this Gingerloft digi called Playground. Isn't he just darling. I colored him with my Copic markers. Here is a nice close up of how cute this little guy is. Not only did I have fun coloring and creating my focal point, but I finally had a chance to play with my Birthday present. I made these flowers with my Cuttlebug Quilling Kit. These are so much fun to make and so easy. You just run your dies through the bug and then roll the pieces on a special quilling tool that is included in the kit.Here is another close up of the flowers and the butterfly I used to embellish this card. The following is a list of supplies I used for this drawer easel card.

Spellbinders-Beaded Circle Nestabilities, Fancy Tags
Sizzix - Leaf Die
Martha Stewart Punches: Branch, Frond, Large Butterfly, Fleur de Lis, Hydrangea Punch-Around-the-Page
Cuttlebug - Fancy Corners, Chrysanthemum Quilling Kit
Stickles, and Pearls

This is a whopping 6 x 6 Easel Card with drawer. I found a tutorial here to make this card. Wanted to make extra something big enough to put extra flowers in the drawer. I thought this would be a great gift to give to someone who scrapbooks or is a cardmaker and fill the drawer with those handmade flowers. The other idea I had was to give it to a dog lover and put dog bones in the drawer...lol
Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us in the "Use Those Flowers" Challenge over at the Gingerloft Challenge Blog and check out Tami's fabulous Digi's here.

Challenges Entered

Delicious Doodles Challenge - Make the Card "You" Want
Polka Doodles - Flower Power
Simply Create - Power of Flowers
Stamp Something - March Digi Day
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Four Legged Friends
Meljens - U R Such An Animal
Die Cut Dreams - Spring Garden Theme
KB Cute Monday - Anything Goes Using a Digi
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes With a Digi
Desert Island Crafts - Make it Square, Inspired by Nature, Handmade Flowers, Hand Colored Image, Pearls, Birthday Theme
Tip Top Tuesday - Use Your Favorite
By the Cute and Girly - Springtime
Creative Belli Challenge - Animals


29 comments:

BondGirl said...

wow, lovely card and those flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining in the polkadoodle challenge

Pat (mspfd) said...

Another spectacular creation, Carol! Your flower are fabulous -- love the bright colors. Congratulations on being Gingerloft's Guest Designer!

Love crafts forever said...

Fantastic!!!! This Pup is so cute. Oh Caral you did such a wonderful job with this image. And WOW for your flowers, they are GOGREOUS!!!!!!
Hugs Nataliya.

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh my goodness--is this adorable or what??? You did a fantastic job on coloring the dog!!! I've got to try this drawer/easel card technique. It is too cute. I need a list of what copics you have to see which ones I need to add to my collection! We need to talk soon. Take care. Patty

KarinsArtScrap said...

wht a great easelcard/box carol.
love the flowers too great colors.
your image is adorable and you colored him great.

greetings karin

Gloria said...

He is so adorable. Love the flowers. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!

Patricia St Martin said...

Carol still doing beautiful work. all your cards are wonderful. Your coloring is stunning.
I have something on my blog for you.

Tracy said...

This really made me smile, Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

wow, that is just adorable! Such a cutie =). Thank you so much for entering this in the DCD challenge this fortnight and good luck!

Benzi said...

O.K., Benz has to put the Cuttlebug Quilling Kit on 'the' list. Those flowers remind me of zinnas or Old Maids. This easel card with drawer showcases your talent in a big way. Love the idea of putting bones in the drawer for dog lovers or the handmade flowers...either would be a hit!! Love that dog image.

Anita said...

Wow, what an amazing card. Love all the details you've added. Thanks for joining in the Meljen's Designs challenge this week.

Emily Keaton said...

What a fabulous project, Carol!! So colorful and fun. Your quilled flowers are out of this world!! Wow, what a fun toy--you are such a lucky duck to have that to play with. Great details, as always, Bearzi!!

Scrappychick said...

Fabulous flowers and lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at DICC this week! Good luck :)
Cyndi

mckinkle said...

What a lot of work youve put into this crafty make! The attention to detail is amazing!

Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Delicious Doodles.

Keryn :)

Teri said...

Such a cute card hun! Lots of lovely colours!!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri xx

angelwhispers said...

Wonderful!!! Such a gorgeous design and what a beautifully coloured image I just love it!

these flowers are just lush really wish I could make some of these!

Chanelle xxx

Carley said...

WOW! I love this card! I am MS State bulldog fan through and through so I am partial to this image! I love the flowers I need to check into this quilling kit because I have not ever heard of this but it is super cute! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Paper Playtime! We hope you join us again soon!
Hugs

Carley

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is truly amazing hun!! I love the project you've made and those flowers are so amazing hun!! WOW!! TFS! HUGS

Susan (rainy) said...

FABULOUS!! The card/project is incredible and all those bright flowers are wonderful AND... your coloring is so so so beautifully done. LOVE this!

Vee said...

What a fabulous card!!. Thanks for playing with Top Tip Tuesday this week. Good Luck
xx Vee

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous creation, love those flowers, they are amazing!
Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

Carol x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Carol!! I just love your easel box design and that adorable image. Such bright cheery colors and so many beautiful details. You are amazing my friend.

Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

JennyKozar said...

That is just the coolest image! Thanks for playing along at Paper Playtime.

Unknown said...

Wonderful Project! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

Oh my, my mouth is still open ! this card is so beautiful , and your flowers are drop dead gorgeous! so much work and love looks like it went into this special card. THanks for playing with us over at POlka Doodles
Ashley

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous Easel box card, lovely colours and fab flowers and image. Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. Carolxx

Unknown said...

WOW this is gorgeous, thanks playing along with DD this week, hope to see you again
hugs
Ildiko

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Kate said...

Awww, he looks sooo cute, and those quilled flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your project with us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **