Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful

Greetings to everyone. Thank you to all my new followers and welcome to my blog. It has been so much fun seeing all those Angels being made with my tutorial and template. I am happy to be back blogging and back in my craft room. I would like to share with you my first card for 2011. With temperatures here in the 20's when I supposedly live in a tropical climate.....I am thinking of Snowmen!!!

I loved the shading of the hat so much when coloring with my new Copics, I decided to go with it as the main color of my card. The brown gives the card a nice warm feeling. On the inside of the card, I created an ornament the can be easily untied and used on the Christmas tree, or as a beautiful tag to go on a gift to someone special. Here is the Recipe:
Inkadinkadoo Snowman Stamp
Martha Stewart Bird and Branch Punch Around the Page
Spellbinders Fleur Di Lis Die Cuts
Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Nestabilities
Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities
Cuttlebug Corner Die
Plastic Snowflake from the Dollar Tree
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Pearls and Stickles

Challenges Entered
Christmas Card Challenges-Snowmen
The Stamp Man Challenge - Distressed
Stamp Something - Anything Goes-Use a Rubber Stamp
Do You Stack Up - Distress It
Stampin' B's - Use a Die Cut
ABC Christmas Challenge - A for Anything Christmas
Creative Belli - Snow
Fab'n' Funky - Warm and Toasty Colors
My Time to Craft - Chocolate
Stamp With Fun - Snow

24 comments:

Kim B said...

Very cute card! Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

Jo said...

Oh this is really lovely! Thanks for joining in the fun at DYSU!

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi carol, long time.

your card is beautiful as always, love your snowman and your coloring.

greetings karin

Miranda said...

great card, like all the borders and corners and your image of the snowman is adorable
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge

hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the image! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Janna Werner said...

hi carol, this card made me smile when i saw it! thanks so much for sharing this sweet card with us at DYSU! janna

Benzi said...

My heart goes pitter patter. Look at that snowman and bird....never anything more adorable. Carol, it is so good to see you crafting again. I know how busy you've been. I'm still loving that PATP...just one of my favorites. Love every detail! I left you a pm on SCS. Have a wonderful day!

Benzi said...

Carol, I got so excited about your card, I forgot on my above comment to thank you for joining the Stampin B's this week....crazy me. LOL

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Carol, what a gorgeous snowy card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp with Fun challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

patriziawithaz said...

This is definitely a wow card Carol. There is so much about it that is fabulous, I love it x Thanks for sharing it with us at MTTCC this week and I hope we see you again soon x

Tamara Morton said...

Beautiful card inside and out! Thanks for joining in at Belli
Hugs
Tamara

angelwhispers said...

Glad to see you post!! Love the image and the cards are fab! Love Chanelle xxxx

karen said...

oh yes this is stunning, love the colour and gorgeous detail, thanks for sharing with us at fab n funky this week, karenx

Emily Keaton said...

Welcome back, Carol!! It's so nice to see a wonderful new project from you. I'll bet you were so happy to be creating again!! This is just fabulous. I love all the beautiful punched borders, and that snowman is just the cutest. What a gorgeous work of art!! RYPH!!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Carol, this easel card is wonderful! I love this image, and that you used it inside and out! Great colors too! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!

Unknown said...

That's wonderful - love all that lace effect

kitten DYSU team

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time!
Lovely card and I love the boarder punch you used too! hugs Samantha :0)

Peggysue said...

Oh my, what a beautiful card, ornie and interior! You did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU.

Tina said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week. :)

Carissa said...

Gorgeous card, so detailed. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa xx

Kathi said...

Hi Carol,
what a great card! I love the colors used and all the decoration and the idea with the ornament!! Haven't seen this snowman before. It's such a cool image. :-)
XX Kathi

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this is another wonderful card! I sure miss talking to you! Hopefully your job is going well. Miss you.....Patty

Whimcees said...

Love it, love it, love it! :<) You are so talented!

Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

The Stamp Man said...

A beautiful card, I love the detail and also the idea of the removable ornament. Thank you for entering your card into The Stamp Man distress challenge.

Jill