Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fred She Said Valentine Chocolate Box



Greetings everyone. If you are looking for the Fred She Said Blog Hop, please go here. This weekend I finished up this Fred She Said Box of Chocolates Cards. I was going to try to make those new rolled roses that everyone is making with the scalloped punch....well guess what they didn't work out for me.

Well, I bet you think I used Prima flowers on this instead...they look like Prima flowers don't they. I must confess that I made these flowers. With a punch and some glue, a little dazzling diamonds and stickles and I was able to achieve this. Cool huh! Can someone tell me if dazzling diamonds glimmer mist just looks frosty and not glittery? I am wondering if I might be doing something wrong. I have not gotten any glimmer mist that I care for because I don't see glitter when I spray....just frost like glistening. Help! lol

I have made a couple sizes of these roses and they look good in any size. I will share a tutorial with you when I finish my Mother's altered Chocolate box I am making her. I have my things ready to go for doing the tutorial, but my videotographer was busy this weekend pulling an engine....yes, we all have our projects around here.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you got some inspiration to create some feminine and frilly valentines. My image can be found here at the Fred and She Said Store. I've got some more things to share this week, so be sure to stop by later in the week.

Challenges Entered
The CD Sunday Challenge - Love is in the Air
Creative Cowgirls Challenge - Love is in the Air
Paper Sundaes - Valentine
Crazy for Challenges - Vintage or Shabby Chic
A Gem of a Challenge - Ribbons and Lace
Just Us Girls - Make your own Flowers

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Carol!! This is so so stunning!! Right down to every last detail...so elegant and beautiful!! TFS! HUGS

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very, very pretty cards. Your roses too! The glimmer mist, is just a mist. No real "glitter" to it. I really like that it's so soft looking on my cards.
Deb

Chrissy said...

This is so sparkly especially when you enlarge the picture and zoom in, its beautiful. Gorgeous colours and your flowers are fabulous, cant wait till you show HOW to.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh my Carol, I think you out did yourself this time!!!! There are so many beautiful roses, and hearts, and leaves, and border punches and......Just WOW!!!! This truely is gorgeous! You go girl! TFS TTYL

Dana Gustafson said...

So pretty! Very vintage valentine with all of your gorgeous details. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

angelwhispers said...

Carol you work is awesome just loving your last two posts the colours and designs are just so pretty and feminie just love them!!! Sorry for late comments but I was looking after my granddaughter xxxxx

Will have to try these designs I just love them! Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxx

Hope you had a great weekend xxx

Gina said...

Ooowwww! Need Chocolate now!! Stunning! Thank you for joining in at Creative Cowgirls :D XXX

stampingmarianne said...

Wow, stunning, absolutely beautiful! The colors, the roses, the ribbon.
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls!
marianne

Carol said...

From one Carol to another - Wow! A stunning card, and I love those flowers. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Benzi said...

Your work is always exquisite, Carol! I love enlarging your cards and getting a close up view. Hubby pulling an engine....and we're all waiting for that tutorial. Men!! Seriously, I look forward to it. Love your awesome work...it is a beauty!

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, Carol!! This is just spectacular. I LOVE those pretty flowers you made--impossible to tell them from the high-dollar Primas! And I just love everything else about this fabulous card. So many terrific details!

KarinsArtScrap said...

hmmmmmmmm this is yummie.
what a beautiful card carol love the chocolate box.

greetings karin

Fiona said...

gorgeous card....love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Linda Wescott said...

Really fabulous project, I've left something for you on my blog. Hugs lin

Carolyn said...

Your flowers are just gorgeous! Awesome that you can make your flowers as beautiful as the primas. Bravo!
I don't like the glimmer mists either. Mostly just messy rather than sparkly. You did a great job though.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful project. Hope you are well.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Poppet said...

A beautiful card Carol, the colours scheme is beautiful and I can't wait to see your flower tutorial they look perfect.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Maria said...

This is beautiful! Great job making those flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with JUST US GIRLS this week.

Katie said...

Super card!
Thanks for playing at A Gem of A Challenge :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bearzi, I can't WAIT for your tutorial on how to make those 'prima' flowers! I actually got that scalloped punch type flower to work just the other day, and thought it was easy. But maybe I'm thinking of one thing and you're thinking of another. I won't make any flowers that take too much time! (well, at least not often)

Love your chocolate valentine box card. Hope your job is going well!

Berry said...

Ooo fantastic love all the flowers here so right up my street! A great valentines creation thanks for sharing at a gem of a challenge this time hugs Rebekah xx

Janet said...

How beautiful.....the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Cowgirls.

Mandy said...

Wow this is just gorgeous...Love everything about it...Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, fab cute image and colours.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of Challenge.
luv
Debby

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, wow, wow! Carol, your card is beyond gorgeous and I thought for sure your flowers were store bought. Oh my goodness, did I really read your post correctly... You made these beauties with punches? YOU ARE A GENIUS! They are perfection!!
I had had the same results with glimmer mist ... no dazzle/glitter look just some spritz of frost and I usually have a hard time getting an even coat... I almost manage to get drips, grrrr.

Michelle Pearson said...

this is so pretty....just love it very much!!

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Gorgeous! I don't have glimmer mist but make my own in Ranger Mini-misters....and I basically prefer interference colours ( transparent/no colour with a gleam of red/blue/green/violet/pearl or gold mica when the light hits. I love mixing gold with a bit of antique linen distress ink.. and spray it on my flowers and white backgrounds to give them an aged look and a bit of glimmer... but still not enough sparkle for me... gotta have the stickles!! You should try Diamond Dust glass glitter on your roses :)