Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fred She Said - Christmas Cardinal

Isn't this the classic image for a Christmas Card. Not only does it have the beauty of nature with this wonderful Cardinal, but it also has a sprig of Holly and Berries to add to the festive scene. This is the second in the series of three bird images that Tracey of Fred She Said has just released in her store. You can find this Christmas Cardinal here. I just love these bird images for Christmas.

I layered all my Cardinals - so as you can imagine- I had some Holly Berries left. So I used them to accent the inside of my card.
This is the card and envelope that I created together. I edged all my papers in gold stickles so that this really sparkles and shine. The papers are from the new DCWV Christmas stack and you can see there is holly in the stripes.
Recipe:
Punches- Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Gothic Arches, Martha Stewart Deep Edger Daisy Fan
Spellbinders - Large Scalloped Nestiabilities
Ribbon, stickles, sticker

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be doing the Robins that are in this set in the future. I know you will have fun crafting with these beautiful birds. So stop by Tracey's store and get yourself the set for Christmas and WOW your friends with your Christmas Greetings this year!

7 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Carol--this card is GORGEOUS!!!! That cardinal is so beautiful! And your layout is perfect for this image! Absolutely stupendous! TFS

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Lady, you are truly amazing with this creation!! I love everything about it!! WOW!!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is just stunning, Carol! That cardinal is fabulous and I love how you used all of your MS PATPs!! Looks like you got a serious workout with this one, friend ;)

Love crafts forever said...

OMGoodnes!!!! Absolutely gorgeous Carol. You colored image so beautifly. Fantastic Bow too.
Hugs, Nataliya

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I just love all the layers and colors here Carol. Soooo warm and inviting. :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful cards carol.

greetings karin

Colleen Dietrich said...

That is a wonderful cardinal image. I've never done a card with one, but always admire the ones I see. This one is no exception!