Friday, November 27, 2009

Golden Christmas Tree Card

Happy Black Friday Everyone!!! LOL I am getting up at 4 a.m. this morning so I can be in line to get some good deals on Christmas presents for my boys. I am a little insane.....yes....but, hey, what to heck. It is a tradition with my husband and I. We really have to watch our budget this year anyway, so we will take advantage of the sale.Today's card was made for a Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers during Virtual Stamp Night. Would you believe that this is a Christmas ornament that I carved up? LOL Really, it had a star on the top which made it too big for the card. I also trimmed some of the stump off the tree trunk.I made this flowers with some punches I have. They have gold colored rhinestones in the center and lots of stickles for shine. I embossed the panels with the swiss dot embossing folder. I used the Classic Lace Bordabilities.The corners are a cuddlebug die cut that I cut in half and again I used a cereal box to cut them out so they would be like chipboard and I filled them with glitter.Here is the inside of this card. I gold embossed the tree you see here. I thought this sentiment stamp was perfect for the glitz and glitter of this card.Thanks for stopping in today. I really appreciate it. This ornament came from the $1 section in Walmart. They had several different colors. If you wish to try this, it does snap apart. So you can carefully pry it apart and trim with a regular pair of scissors. I would love to hear what you think about it!!!

Carol

3 comments:

Carol L said...

I think this card is fabulous.........like all the cards you create! I'm taken with this color combo, and the tree looks fabulous on that delicate die-cut background! Every detail is fantastic, and I hope you and your DH got in on some great deals after getting up so early to go shopping!

Sue McMahon said...

Why is it every time I come here the first thing out of my mouth is....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! This is just crazy cool! WOW!

Sue

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is wonderful Carol! I'm taking some inspiration from you too.... Today, while decorating trees for my job, I kept saving the old broken bits and pieces of ornaments... all the while thinking they could somehow be used in a card! LOL! :) What fun! Michelle