Thursday, August 20, 2009

Three Challenge Bear

What a fun day today putting this together for three challenges. When I read at Splitcoast Stampers that the Way to Use it Challenge was to have something fuzzy on your card, I knew I had to do one of my paper pieced bears in curly felt. The second challenge that caught my eye was the Charisma Cards Thursday. It was a color challenge today using lemon, green, and pink. Don't you think those are just yummy summer colors? The third challenge at Eat Sleep Stamp was this sketch challenge:This was just so much fun to put together today. I used one of my own bear patterns and pieced this bear. I cut out my ovals with nesties, the corner treatment with a cuddlebug die, and the swirl florishes with a sizzx die. The flowers were crocheted by me with embroidery floss and I attached a pearl brad in the center. I have had that daisy ribbon forever and I cut off a couple of the flowers to dress up the bear. I used my Martha Stewart branch punch to accent the flowers. The sentiment is from Penny Black and the background was cut from a square nestie. The rhinestones are from the dollar bin at Michael's. All and all this was a fun card. Hope you enjoyed stopping in today. I appreciate it!!
Carol

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! I love that bear!
-Cher

Unknown said...

This is lovely, the bear is gorgeous, so clever!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week & all the best

Jan x

Michelle's Daydreams said...

I just love what you do with curly felt Carol and I really love those little crocheted flowers too. :) In answer to you question, we had a quick message today and all went well. She's pretty busy right now. You're so sweet for asking.
Michelle

Allison said...

what an adorable bear
Thanks for playng along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Love this bear card Carol, very nice!!

Sally said...

That is the cutest bear. Lovely card. Thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz.