Friday, August 7, 2009

MMSC#13 Falling Leaves


I am thinking of a Barbara Streisand song called "New York State of Mind". I am in a "Fall State of Mind". It all started with the plans to do the Pumpkin Sugar Quilt. I was picking my fabrics out for my quilt from my stash and realizing just how much I love fall colors. So being in a "Fall State of Mine" I just had to make this card for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge over at Priscilla's Blog. Don't forget to head on over and sign up for all the amazing prizes being offered there. You have until August 14 to sign up for the Blog Candy posted in my sidebar.

This is a Son Light Impressions stamp and has been stamped three times and layered. The leaves were from "A Whale of a Punch". I drew in the veins and distressed the edges and glittered them up. The background squares are from Cuddlebug and are in a set of four called "Vintage". The background paper is from this years Debbie Mumm Holiday Harvest Stack. I used my scalloped and plain oval nesties and embroidered the card in copper.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great weekend.

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! You rocked the sketch and oh so many details..well done on all accounts, fall colors, stetch, image..you name it it covers it all so perfectly. Thank you for playing with us each week..It would not be the same without you :)
Priscilla
Midnight Madness Hostess

Phyllis said...

This is such a wonderful creation!! I love all the fally details. This is nice for a person from TEXAS who doesn't ever have fall, we just have HOT summer and COOL summer. The MMDT want to thank you for playing in our challenges and look forward to seeing each week!!
Phyllis MMDT
aka SparklePlenty1000 at SCS

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Wooooo, Carol ,this one has such great autumn flavor! That's one of my favorite seasons :) You are an awesome card maker, dearie! Thank you for your staunch support for our sketch. I think that cuttlebug die was just the right one to use. I have it too, but I just wasn't thinking to use it. I think mine would have come out so much better if I did. hehe. xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Carolyn said...

Carol!!!! This is sooooo beautiful! I have those dies and have never found a use for them the way you have to accent your leaves. Fabulous inspiration. Wonderful job once again!! Thank you so much for joining us in the fun at the MMSC this week. We love having you. Hope to see you again next week.

Carolyn, MMSC DT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Carol!! I popped in to visit your blog and was greeted with this gorgeous MMSC creation!! I love all the leaves and the squares behind it!! It has so many awesome details!! Great job on this weeks sketch!! What an elegant fall creation!!
Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week!

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Carol! Wowzers! This is simply gorgeous! Such amazing attention to all the tiny details! The colors are perfect and will be a perfect companion for the quilt you're going to make! I can't wait to see it too! :) Michelle

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your stiching and beautiful colors! Stunning job with the midnight madness sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Oh My, what a great fall card, Very vivid colors. I did a fall card too for my sketch, we both have fall on our minds! BTW, thank you for the comment on my blog, I chuckled when I read it!!!

Hope you will play again with us at Midnight Madness.

Jane, MMDT

Paula said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the colors. I just found your blog not to long ago and love everything. Great style you have.

Sue@McMahonFiveDesign.com said...

Carol! This is gorgeous! Your fall colors are PERFECT! Thanks for playing with us again! I love visiting your blog!

Sue
MMDT member

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--how lovely!!!!!!!!! There isn't a thing on this card that I would change or do differently! I too love fall colors, and do a lot of leaves this time of year. I never would have thought of using glitter on the leaves either. TTYL Patty