Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Matching Craft Items-CC230 Challenge

First, I will talk about this card I made to go with an afghan I finished today. This was made for today's color challenge at splitcoast stampers. The colors were Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, Cameo Coral, Whisper White. I used my cuddlebug argyle embossing folder for the background and distressed with memento ink. The rose is an Anita stamp and I used my nestibilities dies. Very quick and easy. The Happy Birthday frame is from JoAnn's.
This afghan was started in February when I got really sick with Bronchitis and I was almost finished and just didn't feel like working on it. I usually have a closet that I keep my homemade afghans in so that I can bring or give one to someone I know who is sick. Sometimes, I donate them to a charity for fund raising as well. My closet has been empty. So I am so happy to have finished this. What got me started was I joined a craft club last night and I have been working on this for 3 days to finish it. I am so excited because my next project is going to be a "Thimbleberries" Sugar Pumpkin wall quilt. We had a choice of a table runner or a wall quilt. I love thimbleberries and the fall fabric colors. I have my fabric all picked out from my stash except I need to get some browns. I plan on maybe picking them up tomorrow. How fun to combine these two crafts. I will be sharing more of my duo crafts in the future. Pattern is from "A Year of Afghans 2000" and is called Rosey Wrap on page 68.

Thanks for stopping by and checking what I have been up to. It sure is appreciated and please leave me a comment so I know what you think.

Have a great evening.
Carol

2 comments:

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Carol, Oh wow! I love that you crochet and sew too! I used to try and crochet when I was little, but being a "lefty" I could never quite get it or find anyone that could teach me. I love fabrics and sewing, but have never tried "real" quilting. I just admire those that do. :) I cannot wait to see your wall quilt and matching card of course! Hugs! Michelle

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous....both card and afghan!! What a lovley thing you do with them...cough cough...LOL!
Did you ever make it through the long winded PM I sent you on SCS? LOL.
Have yourself a wonderful day. Terese. : )