Monday, August 17, 2009

Digital Two for Tuesday Guest Designer Projects

Greetings and welcome to my Digital Two for Tuesday's Guest Designer Submissions. I am just so beside myself with excitement. It has been a dream to be a Guest or Team member and here I am. So many thanks go to Cora for helping me make my dream come true. I had the best time creating these projects. Cora has just wonderful vintage images and she has two up every Tuesday on her blog for you to try. I wanted to show what can be done with digital images. They are so versatile. You can resize them to fit any project you wish to create. I wanted this to look like it came from an old magazine or book, so after I printed my images, I colored them with pencils, blended with baby oil. Then I sponged Rangers Distressing Ink in Tea dye all over the whole paper than heavily misted with water. I misted well, so that I had to let the paper dry overnight, then I ironed on the wrong side in the morning to flatten it out. I really like how it came out.

The above picture shows a gift collection put together with the fishing boy image. The box to the left is something I picked up at the dollar store a while back and I altered it. I was thinking how little boys always have pockets full of stuff....like marbles, rocks, coins, gum, baseball cards, plus you never know what other stuff...and they need a place to put them for safe keeping. It was pretty easy to do. I just measured all the sides and cut my paper to fit. To the right is a box of 3 x 3 note cards. You can find the tutorial for that here. I shrunk the image down small enought to fit on these. The gift bag is just a kraft bag that I altered along with the shipping tag that is tied on the handle. On the back side is a To: and From: stamped area for your sentiment. On the image on the box, I used liquid embossing in Antique Glass finish.
Here is a close up of the 3 x 3 cards with envelopes. I used my square nesties to cut the squares and used foam squares to pop these for dimension. I used stickles around the edges for some qlitz. I also lined the envelopes to match. The green ribbon is from the dollar bin at Michael's. The flowers are prima and I punched the centers with a Marvey punch from scraps of the green I used and attached together with brads. The leaves and branches are Martha Stewart punches. I also used the tea dye distress ink around the edges of the cards.


Here we have a girl gift set. When I looked at this pretty little girl for the first time I thought for sure I was looking at Shirley Temple!!! The left item with the "Smile" sentiment is a tea bag holder. It holds two tea bags. You can find the tutorial here. The purse to the left holds 3 x 3 gift cards as well. The middle gift is two bottles of bath and body that I created a belly band for and I tied another altered To, From tag on one of the bottles.As you can see in this picture, I used Velcro for the closure o the purse. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The flourish is from sizzix. Again I used my Marvey flower punch for the center on the prima flowers and a brad to attach altogether. The pearl brad for the purse clasps comes from Michael's. I need to look up where I got this template for the purse. I will be back later today with the link.

I would like to invite you to Cora's Digital Two for Tuesday's blog to participate in the challenge. If you would like to recreate any of these projects and require help, please do not hesitate to let me know. I would be happy to assist you. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Be sure to leave a comment on Cora's Blog and post you card or projects.

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

WOW!!!! I LOVE these projects made with the free clip art over at Two for Tuesday! You did a fantastic job! So very, very pretty!

Carol said...

WOW have you been busy - I hope to make time to craft this week but everyone is home on leave so may not get time :( but I do love them all being home :)

TFS

Betty said...

Awesome Job!! Love how you transformed the digital images into such beautiful creations.

Anonymous said...

These are very beautiful sets. I go digital all the way and love it!

Shawne said...

Wow, those projects are perfection, just beautiful, congrats!!!

SharDon Exclusives said...

Stunning work! You did a marvelous job and you began with two little line drawings. When I saw your work on Cora's post I just had to come by and say "WOW!". Job well done.
Sharon

Teresa Kline said...

these are stunning creations...wow!

enjoy *~*

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your work is absolutely stunning! Absolutely beautiful projects you have created with these digis.

You left a comment on my vintage Kris Kringle post on SCS and invited me to the Digital Two for Tuesday challenge. Thank you so much!! I checked it out and am just drooling over this week's free vintage digis as well as your rendition of them. I don't know if I will have time to participate this week because I have some other deadlines coming up, but I will definitely be back and will try to include this challenge into my schedule.

Again, thanks so much for the invitation. I love vintage and didn't even know this site existed!!