Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thoughts of You Blue Bird

Today's card is for the MyGrafico Challenge #4. Martha the team leader gave us our choice of one of four different digital images of these cute birds to create a card with. As soon as I saw these, my mind immediately started imagining what I would do with them. The curly tail is really what got me going. I had so much fun putting this together.

First I printed three of the birds. I colored them with my pencils and used baby oil to blend. Then I cut out two whole birds and one just the wing section for a total of 3 layers. I then used my scalloped circle nesties to cut out the base and stamped it with an Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps Rhonna Farrer-Swirls with Dew Drop Pearlescent Sky Blue ink. I then used the same ink to color my feathers. I really like how the ink went on the feathers and gives it lighter and darker effects. I glued one bird down on the scalloped circle, then glued the tail feather and the head feather on top. I pop dotted the second bird on top of the first, then glued the wing feather on top of the second bird, then pop dotted the wing on top of that. I used my pencil to color the border of the circle and blended again with baby oil. Then I used stickles on the border of the circle and just the border of the bird including the swirly tail, and stickled the whole wing. I glued a small rhinestone to the center of the birds eye.

The base is stamped random with the clear Autumn Leaves Swirls with Pearlescent Sky Blue ink. The blue DP is from the Butterfly and Blossoms Stack. I used a fiskar's border punch to punch both sides of the white contrast strip. The flowers were cut from this same DP in three layers. I used the tutioral from Split Coast Stampers here from Thursday's "Way to Use It" Challenge. I stickled just the edges of the flowers to give them some added pizazze and used a little larger rhinestone in the center to match the bird. Ofray ribbon in sheer white was used to tie the bow.

If you have any questions I would be happy to assist you in recreating this card. I appreciate all the comments I have received and hope you find the directions helpful. I would gladly accept any suggestions at making it easier to understand if I am not clear. I am still new to this and learning everyday.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Carol

4 comments:

georgia ehrmann said...

WOW! This is drop dead gorgeous!

Unknown said...

its amazing, thank you for playing with us ;)

Cassandra said...

Absolutely Beautiful....Love how you made the bird 3D and love all the beautiful blue colors!!!
Cassandra

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--I missed this the day you posted it. I'm so glad I looked to see if I missed any of your posts! I love everything about this card, but especially the color. It is really a very pretty card. Great job! TFS--Patty