Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Butterfly Sympathy Card

Here is another sympathy card I had to make. I hope this will be the last one I have to send for the year! You know how that goes. I used inkadinkadoo's Gem Stone Insect Stamps for the Butterfly. It was heat embossed with gold and I rolled the edges to give more dimension to the wings. I used Martha Stewart's border punch in two layers. I love her border punches. I save up my Michael's 40% or 50% coupons and pick one up whenever I get there. I also love their $1 bin and the sentiment stamp was purchased on my of my excursions from it. I used my Nesties Labels 1 (2 sizes) and Sm Square (2 sizes) and the Cuttlebug mesh embossing folder. I glittered the Butterfly's wings with stickles and put some bling with the rhinestones. The paper is from Scrapworks called "Formal Affair".

This is a busy week for me, my social calendar is jammed pack......what a hoot. I am enjoying not working. I am doing everything I ever wanted to do but was too tired!!! lol I have lunch with a friend today and I am also working on a dessert for book club today. I will post a picture here if I am successful getting it put together. It's a bit of a challenge....but I am up for it. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card. Have the best day possible!

Carol

2 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Carol--this card is so pretty. Just sorry that it had to be a sympathy card. I love all the layers. And rolling the butterfly wings is beautiful. Hope you have a great week. TFS--Patty

Basement Stamper said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I see you are also in GA, so am I.